The Upanishads state: When a seer sees the creator of golden hue, the Lord, the Person, the source of Brahma, then being a knower, shaking off good and evil and free from stain, he attains supreme equality with the Lord.[20r]
One translator, commenting on this verse, states, "Eternal life is said to consist in attaining an absolute likeness to God and enjoying a life of personal immortality."
He who knows the Supreme Brahman verily becomes Brahman. In his family no one is born ignorant of Brahman. He overcomes grief; he overcomes evil; free from the fetters of the heart, he becomes immortal.[23n]
Some inspiring quotes taken from the "Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda" and Respected Swamiji’s views on Vedanta
( “Brian David Josephson, Welsh physicist, and Nobel Prize laureate says:The Vedanta… hold the key to the laws of the mind and thought process which are co-related to the Quantum Field, i.e. the operation and distribution of particles at atomic and molecular levels”. Source Wikipedia)
1.There the sun doth not shine ,neither the moon, nor stars, nor lightning, what to speak of this fire. He
shining, everything doth shine.Through Him everything shineth.(The Upanishads) Vol.3/ Pg.438
2. I am He, I am He (The Upanishads) Vol 3/ pg 426
3. That which exists in one; sages call Him by various names. Vol 3/ pg113
4. The Vedantic idea is the infinite principle of God embodied in every one of us. Vol 8/Pg 126
5. Let us be Gods,let us make our hearts like an ocean, to go beyond the trifles of the world and see it only as a picture. We can then enjoy it without being in any way affected by it. We are only souls if we are free, there is immortality only if we are free. There is God only if He is free. Vol 8 Pg 31
6. The future of India Vol3 Pg 286
Here first arose the doctrines of the immortality of the soul, the existence of a supervising God an imminent God in Nature and in man, and here the highest ideals of religion and philosophy have attained their culminating points.
7.There is no sin in thee ,there is no misery in thee, thou art the reservoir of omnipotent power. Arise awake and manifest the Divinity within. Vol 4 pg110.
8. As the different rivers taking their start from different mountains, running straight or crooked though they appear crooked or straight all lead into thee. Vol 3 pg115
9.It is not that you become this Brahman. You are already that (Swami Vivekananda Lectures and discourses). CWSV VOL3
10. You are God .All Heavens you make out of Him .He is the one existence. Vol 4 Pg237
11. "I am neither the body, nor the organs, nor am I the mind; I am Existence, Knowledge, and Bliss absolute; I am He." Advaita Vedanta.
12. The Vedantic idea is the infinite principle of God embodied in every one of us.So Vedanta knows no sin. Pg.126 Vol 8.
Acknowledgement ; Mayavati Memorial Edition (Advaita Ashrama,Publication Department First Subsidizd Edition January 1989)